Tuesday, November 29, 2011

How many stars on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame?


As of 5/12/2012 there are exactly *2,471 stars  on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame. How do I know? Watch the YouTube video below where I explain the making of The Zale Map.




 The story directly below was originally published in 2011 just after finishing my map. At that time there were 2,454 stars. 

2011
I walked Hollywood Blvd starting at the s.e. corner of Hollywood Blvd and, starting at the first star which is for Stanley Kramer, began filming each star heading south west to Vine St. (*All 4 corners of Hollywood & Vine [f-34 on the Zale Map] have "round" stars and are for the three 1969 Apollo 11 moon landing crew, Neil Armstrong, Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin Jr and Michael Collins and are in the Television category*.)

 I took this photo on 9/1/11

I then turned south on Vine and headed to Sunset. I then crossed the street at Sunset and headed North on Vine to Hollywood (*Again, all 4 corners of Hollywood & Vine have 5 stars*.). 

I turned west on Hollywood and filmed each star all the way down to the last star on the south west of Hollywood at La Brea (The last star is for The Dead End Kids). I then crossed north on La Brea, (passing Marshfield Way, the tiny Gateway Island to Hollywood that holds the stars of Elvis and the Beatles) to the north west side of Hollywood at La Brea. 

Heading north east on Hollywood I encounter first Spanky McFarland's star. I film each star going north east on Hollywood to Vine. (*Remember, all 4 corners of of Hollywood & Vine have 5 stars*.) 

I film from the s.w. corner of Vine going north to Yucca. I cross east to the n.e. corner of Vine and begin filming heading south to Hollywood. (*One last time, all 4 corners of of Hollywood & Vine have 5 stars*.)
 

Finally, I turn left at the n.w. corner of Hollywood at Vine and head east on Hollywood to the last star at the n.e. corner of Hollywood at Gower which is for Benny Goodman.

 My last day of filming

The whole project from the beginning of filming, to making the hand drawn map, to typing every name, to cross referencing and chronicling using the computer, the video (freeze framing every star as I chronicled them), several maps and umpteen cups of coffee, to the end took exactly 75 days. Finally, my Zale Map is ready.



The Zale Map is the only current and up to date map of all stars on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame. To get your own copy ask your travel agent, tour guide or simply walk into the Grauman's Chinese Theater gift shop (323) 463-9576 or any souvenir gift shop on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and 

ask for it by name

"The Zale Map"
*NOTE* Click here for latest star recipient update


Take The Zale Map Mini Walking Tour below

The tour starts at 6100 Hollywood at Gower and heads west.

View The Zale Map - Hollywood Walk Of Fame in a larger map


  
For the latest star recipient buzz just follow me on Twitter 


On behalf of Hollywood, I would like to say, welcome to our city and may it be your best vacation ever!
  
Danny Zale
(Former Street Performer as Elvis Presley and Hugh Jackman' Wolverine ) 
Creator of
  

zalepublications@gmail.com

Copyright - All rights reserved 



free counters

free counters

No comments:

Post a Comment